Migration Information Centre "I Choose Lithuania"
Migration information centre (MIC) “I Choose Lithuania” was established in 2015 in cooperation of the International Organization for Migration and the Government of the Republic of Lithuania.
The centre, using the method of single point of contact, provides consultations to those Lithuanians who are returning from abroad or anyone thinking of moving to Lithuania.
The MIC provides information about immigration, the labor market, education, healthcare, and many other aspects related to living in Lithuania.
Call toll-free numbers:
Calling within Lithuania
Calling from outside Lithuania:
A. Jakšto 12, LT-01105 Vilnius
Procurement and Administrative Support Specialist
MIC “I Choose Lithuania” actively collaborates with Lithuanian communities abroad:
we have already visited the communities in the UK, Ireland, Norway, Denmark, Belgium and Russia.
The project has a wide network of partners and implements common activities together with the Global Lithuanian leaders, Invest Lithuania, Association of Local Authorities in Lithuania, Create Lithuania programme, participates in the network “Global Lithuania”.
International Organisation for Migration (IOM)
MIC “Renkuosi Lietuvą” is a project implemented by the International organization for Migration (IOM), the United Nations Migration Agency.
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners.
With 173 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.
IOM works in the four broad areas of migration management:
- Migration and development
- Facilitating migration
- Regulating migration
- Forced migration.
IOM activities that cut across these areas include the promotion of international migration law, policy debate and guidance, protection of migrants' rights, migration health and the gender dimension of migration.
More information: www.iom.int
IOM Vilnius office
Lithuania became a full member of IOM in 1998. A Cooperation Agreement between IOM and the Government of the Republic of Lithuania was signed on 13 February 1998 and ratified by the Seimas on October 13, 1998.
In Lithuania IOM implements these main activities:
- Assisted voluntary return and reintegration. IOM Vilnius office provides return assistance to home countries for migrants in difficult situations. Read more
- Migration research. IOM Vilnius implements topical research and collects, analyses and provides main migration statistics in a user-friendly manner. Read more
- Prevention of trafficking in human beings. IOM Vilnius office seeks to bring public’s attention to the problem of human trafficking and provides return and reintegration assistance to victims of trafficking. Read more (in Lithuanian).
- Integration and promotion of tolerance. IOM Vilnius works in promoting tolerance by providing training to civil servants aimed at increasing their understanding of different cultures.
- Representation of Lithuania in the European migration network (EMN). In cooperation with the Government of the Republic of Lithuania, IOM Vilnius office represents Lithuania in the European migration network (EMN) and various working groups. Read more (in Lithuanian).
- Consultations for returning Lithuanian migrants. In January 2015 IOM Vilnius office established the Migration information center “Renkuosi Lietuvą”. Its main objective is to provide returning migrants or people who are thinking about returning with all the necessary information about return migration to Lithuania and guide them to relevant institutions or organizations.
More information about IOM activities in Lithuania