I am an employee or self-employed
Which document can I get?
You can get a Certificate proving the right of EU citizen to temporal stay in Lithuania.
How long will the document be valid for?
The certificate is valid for 5 years or for the planned EU citizen’s period of residence in the Lithuania, where this period is shorter than five years.
Where can I apply for a Certificate proving the right of EU citizen to temporal stay in Lithuania?
Documents must be submitted to a Migration Unit of the Territorial Police Office in whose service the EU citizen has declared or intends to declare a place of residence.
How much will it cost to apply for the certificate of EU national?
Prior to lodging the application, the state fee in the amount of 8,60 EUR for the issuance or replacement of the certificate must be paid.
What documents do I need to submit?
- an application of the specified form;
- a valid passport of an EU citizen or an identity card;
- the documents confirming the ground for the issuance of the certificate:
- an employment contract or a letter of an enterprise, agency or organisation confirming his/her lawful employment in the Republic of Lithuania; or
- other documents confirming the lawful activities in the Republic of Lithuania.
How long will it take to process my application?
An EU citizen’s application must be considered and a decision on it must be adopted not later than within 1 month from the day that it was submitted to Migration Unit of the Territorial Police Office.
Source: Migration department