I am an employee or self-employed

Which document can I get?

You can get a temporary residence certificate.

How long will the document be valid for?

The certificate is issued for 5 years or for the intended period of your residence in the Republic of Lithuania if this period is less than 5 years.

Where can I apply for a temporary residence certificate?

You have to submit your application and documents for the issue of the certificate in person through the Lithuanian Migration Information System (hereinafter MIGRIS). Within 4 months from the date of submission of the application and the documents within the MIGRIS, you must personally come to the chosen branch of the Migration Department and submit the original documents, biometric data and sign the application.

How much will it cost to apply for the temporary residence certificate?

Prior to lodging the application, the state fee in the amount of 8,60 EUR for the issuance or replacement of the certificate must be paid.

What documents do I need to submit?

  1. an application of the specified form (submitted electronically through the Lithuanian Migration Information System MIGRIS);
  2. a valid passport of an EU citizen or an identity card;
  3. the documents confirming the ground for the issuance of the certificate:
    • documents certifying the basis for issuing the certificate: employment contract; or
    • a letter from the company, institution or organisation posting you to the Republic of Lithuania confirming your legal employment in the Republic of Lithuania; or
    • a document certifying that you are the owner and/or manager of a company, institution or organisation registered in the Republic of Lithuania; or
    • other documents proving your legitimate activities in Lithuania.

How long will it take to process my application?

An EU citizen’s application must be considered and a decision on it must be adopted not later than within 1 month from the date of submission of the application.

Read more (choose the section "I am an employee or a self-employed person or I maintain such a person")

Source: Migration department

Information updated: 2020-07-16

Toll-free numbers:

Calling from outside Lithuania (regular rate):


Toll-free numbers:

Calling from outside Lithuania (regular rate):