I am an EU citizen of Lithuanian descent
What kind of document can I get?
A certificate confirming the right of the citizen of a EU Member State to reside permanently in the Republic of Lithuania (Certificate of EU national).
Where can I apply for the permanent residence certificate?
Documents must be submitted to a branch of the Migration department in whose service the EU citizen has declared or intends to declare a place of residence.
You have to submit your application and documents for the issue of the certificate in person through the Lithuanian Migration Information System (hereinafter MIGRIS). Within 4 months from the date of submission of the application and the documents within the MIGRIS, you must personally come to the chosen branch of the Migration Department and submit the original documents, biometric data and sign the application.
What documents do I need to submit?
- Application of an established format to issue a certificate confirming the right of an EU citizen to reside permanently in the Republic of Lithuania (submitted electronically through the Lithuanian Migration Information System MIGRIS);
- A valid passport or identity card of an EU citizen;
- Documents confirming that an EU citizen is a person of Lithuanian descent:
- Documents confirming that an EU citizen possessed citizenship of the Republic of Lithuania until 15 June 1940 which are indicated in Article 38, paragraph 4 or 5, of the Law on Citizenship of the Republic of Lithuania, or documents confirming Lithuanian descent specified in Article 39, paragraph 4, of the Law on Citizenship of the Republic of Lithuania; or
- Documents confirming that s/he is related to a person, which possessed citizenship of the Republic of Lithuania until 15 June 1940, if an EU citizen is a descendant of that person; OR
- Documents confirming Lithuanian heritage. It shall be certified by documents indicating that both or one of the parents or grandparents of a person are or were Lithuanians, as well as a person’s written statement whereby he declares that he considers himself Lithuanian (e.g., Your birth certificate stating that your mother is Lithuanian)
How long will it take to process my application?
An application to issue or replace a certificate confirming the right for a citizen of European Union Member State to permanently reside in the Republic of Lithuania shall be examined, and this document shall be issued not later than within one month from the date of submission of the application.
How long will the document be valid for?
This certificate is issued for 10 years and after this period is replaced.
How much will it cost to apply for the Certificate of EU national?
Prior to submitting an application for issue of a card of the EU permanent residence permit, a foreign national must pay a state charge in the amount of 8,60 EUR collected for the management of documents with regard to issue of a card of the EU permanent residence permit.
Read more (choose the section "I am a citizen of an EU Member State with the right to restore Lithuanian citizenship or I am a person of Lithuanian descent or a family member of such person or another person")
Source: Migration department