Klaipėda District Municipality
Klaipėda District Municipality ranks above-average in all categories, particularly transport, administration, budget management and education. Klaipėda District Municipality leads the rankings in high levels of private sector involvement in public services, significantly higher state examination results, and good municipal budgeting and administration.
For several years in a row Klaipėda District organises a meeting of expatriates returning during the Christmas period. Klaipėda District Municipality has also joined the Global Regions Initiative, which encourages compatriots living abroad to integrate into their native region.
Interested in joining? Click here. ‘Global Klaipėda District’!
Expected shortages of workers in 2019
- Concrete placers, concrete finishers and related workers
- Cabinet-makers and related workers
- Carpenters and joiners
- Early childhood educators
- Floor layers and tile setters
- Civil engineers
Professions with the highest demand in the municipality
For more information about the most and least demanded professions in the municipality, please see the Occupations Map
Average salary in Lithuanian companies
The website publishes data on average salary paid by companies and compares the average salary of one company with that of other companies engaged in the same economic activity or operating in the same municipality.
Companies with the highest number of employees
- Vlantana, UAB
- Mars Lietuva, UAB
- Sakuona, UAB
- Litana Ir Ko, UAB
- Klaipėda District Municipality Administration
- Hidrostatyba, UAB
- Marino Projektai, UAB
The Employment Service assists individuals in their employment by appointing an individual specialist to draw up employment operating plans, provide refresher courses, and send individuals to complete vocational training programs; individuals under the age of 29 are offered the programme ‘Discover Yourself’ and may also be eligible for start-up support; a subsidy service is provided to older people (where the state covers part of the salary paid by the employer).
Employment Services Support for Mobility
Mobility support is the opportunity to receive travel reimbursement when travelling to work in another city.
Travel expenses are reimbursed for up to 3 months from the start of employment or participation.
The amount of compensation ranges between 25% and 33% of the minimum monthly amount (depending on salary).
Distances to nearest cities (from Gargždai):
- Šilutė: ~50 KM
- Klaipėda: ~20 KM
- Kretinga: ~25 KM
Direct financial support to business
Enterprises receive partial financial support as follows:
- to cover part of the costs of registering an applicant enterprise, up to 10% of the total funds of the Programme, but no more than 80% of the eligible costs;
- to cover part of the costs of participating in exhibitions, conferences, trainings by the applicant enterprise, up to 10% of the total funds of the Programme, but no more than 80% of the eligible costs;
- to cover part of the costs of acquisition of equipment and working tools by the applicant enterprise, up to 20 % of the total funds of the Programme, but no more than 50 % of the eligible costs net of VAT;
- to cover part of the costs of preparation of business plans, investment projects, market research, scientific research, applications for financial support from EU structural funds and other funds by the applicant enterprise, up to 10% of the total funds of the Programme, but no more than 50% of the eligible costs;
- to cover part of the costs of publishing the applicant enterprise’s business information publications and publications forming the image of Klaipėda District Municipality, up to 20% of the total funds of the Programme, but no more than 80% of the total documented costs;
- to cover part of the interest paid by the applicant enterprise on investment loans and/or leases for business development projects within 12 months prior to the application date, up to 20% of the total funds of the Programme, but no more than 80% of all documented costs;
- to reimburse part of the of real estate, state land lease costs for start-up entrepreneurs (for the first 3 years), up to 20% of the total funds of the Programme, but no more than 80% of the total documented costs;
- partial financial support for each activity in Items 1.–7. may be received by the enterprise for once throughout the duration of the activity.
Contact: Klaipėda District Municipality Administration, Mantas Virbauskas, Chief Specialist of Strategic Planning and Investment Division; tel.: +37067125681, email: email@example.com, Kvietinių g. 5, LT 961222, Gargždai.
Documents or services in Klaipėda District can be largely ordered/filled out online. The District also benefits from business license or property tax incentives. For information on business incentives and services, see the link.
For more information on business creation and development in Klaipėda region, see the municipality website: https://klaipedos-r.lt/go.php/555555724511
General level of education
Average number of pupils in a class:
SME indicators above national average:
Percentage of teachers holding highest qualification: 35 %
Percentage of pupils feeling good at school: 61 %
Olympiad prize winners per 10,000 pupils: 1.9
Proportion of pupils who passed the state maturity examinations:
Ministry of Education and Science Quality Map
A map prepared by the Ministry of Education and Science showing the differences in educational achievements among different municipalities. The map shows pupils’ achievements in the Lithuanian language and mathematics, as well as the average number of pupils in a classroom, statistics on the general situation in Lithuania.
Kindergartens in Gargždai
Links to preschool educational institutions in Gargždai, their contacts, basic information about the institution and availability.
List of educational institutions
A list of all the educational institutions in the municipality (pre-school, primary, secondary, gymnasium and progymnasium) and their contact details.
Klaipėda District Education Centre
The Education Centre has a Third Age University, provides in-service training for teachers and other adults, and provides various training programmes for students, social workers, and institution managers; there is a library available at the centre and various events are held.
Gargždai Children and Youth Leisure Centre
The centre has studios for breakdancing, art, singing, beading, design, photo and video, music, sewing and decoration, tourism, fishing and other leisure activities for people of all ages.
This is a social platform designed to bring together people from the same city, town or region to work together for their hometown. Its purpose is to connect people who have left their city, but are not indifferent to it, with their native community, and to encourage them to interact, create and work together.
More on City Alumni