Šiauliai District Municipality
- The lowlands dominating in the territory of Šiauliai District are suitable for agriculture, which is why there are many agricultural and processing companies. The municipality has favourable conditions for the development of production and marketing of organic agricultural products, development of tourism, improvement of quality and variety of catering and accommodation services. Most active economic entities in Šiauliai District Municipality are engaged in wholesale, retail, transport, warehousing and manufacturing activities.
- Young families in Šiauliai District can apply for housing support (in Šiauliai City this support is not provided).
- Šiauliai District Municipality provides support for business development, which includes marketing, preparation of a business plan, participation in exhibitions, advertising, website development, training, etc. partial reimbursement of expenses.
Expected shortages of workers in 2019
- Handicraft workers in textile, leather and related materials
- Tutors, social educators
- Upholsterers and related workers
- Cabinet-makers and related workers
Expected surplus of workers in 2019
- Administrative and executive secretaries
- Protective service workers
- Accounting and bookkeeping clerks
- University and higher education teachers
- Financial analysts
Professions with the highest demand
For more information about the most and least demanded professions in the municipality, please see the Occupations Map
Average salary in Lithuanian companies
The Sodra website publishes data on average salary paid by companies and compares the average salary of one company with that of other companies engaged in the same economic activity or operating in the same municipality.
Companies with the highest number of employees
- Baltic Champs, UAB
- Roslitauto, UAB
- Bageta, UAB
- Šiauliai District Primary Health Care Centre
- Grafų baldai, UAB
- Kuršėnai Hospital
- Kuršėnų ŽŪB
- Prekių Gausa, UAB
- Ageseta, UAB
- Aukštelkė Social Care Home
The Employment Service assists individuals in their employment by appointing an individual specialist to draw up employment operating plans, provide refresher courses, and send individuals to complete vocational training programs; individuals under the age of 29 are offered the programme ‘Discover Yourself’ and may also be eligible for start-up support; a subsidy service is provided to older people (where the state covers part of the salary paid by the employer).
Employment Services Support for Mobility
Mobility support is the opportunity to receive travel reimbursement when travelling to work in another city. Travel expenses are reimbursed for up to 3 months from the start of employment or participation. The amount of compensation ranges between 25% and 33% of the minimum monthly amount (depending on salary).
Distances to nearest cities:
- Radviliškis: ~25 KM
- Joniškis: ~40 KM
- Kelmė: ~55 KM
Support for SME Development by Šiauliai District Municipality
The objectives of the measure are to ensure the dissemination of information for business in the area, to promote the training of SME representatives, and to increase the competitiveness of the business environment.
The funds shall cover part or all of the documented costs:
- feasibility studies, applications for financial support for investment projects from other funds;
- preparation of marketing and business plans;
- participation in exhibitions, presenting their products;
- interest on loans received from credit institutions;
- the costs of registration of newly created entities;
- advertising and publicity;
- improving the working conditions of natural persons holding business licenses and trading in designated places (installation and repair of gazebos, trade desks, installation of communications);
- business consultancy and training; website development.
For: legal entities and natural persons engaged in independent commercial, industrial or similar activities within Šiauliai District Municipality.
Contact: Šiauliai District Municipality Administration; Vilniaus g. 263, Šiauliai; Head of Economics and Business Development Division Specialist Renata Ulvydienė, tel. 8 41 596 668, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information has been prepared according to the material provided by Enterprise Lithuania
Land and real estate tax incentives are applied in Šiauliai District. For information on business incentives, see the link.
General level of education
Average number of pupils in a class:
Proportion of pupils who passed the state maturity examinations:
Percentage of teachers holding highest qualification: 42 %
Percentage of pupils feeling good at school: 58 %
Olympiad prize winners per 10,000 pupils: 2.7
Ministry of Education and Science Quality Map
A map prepared by the Ministry of Education and Science showing the differences in educational achievements among different municipalities. The map shows pupils’ achievements in the Lithuanian language and mathematics, as well as the average number of pupils in a classroom, statistics on the general situation in Lithuania.
List of educational institutions
Here you will find a list of all the educational institutions in the municipality (pre-school, primary, secondary, gymnasium) and their contact details.
Youth Organisations in the Municipality
The link contains a list of all youth organisations in the municipality and youth organisations that encourage active youth to volunteer according to their interests.
Do you know or have an initiative or service that would benefit returning Lithuanians, incoming foreigners or compatriots living abroad? Let us know!