I am a student / intern
What kind of document can I get?
You can get a Certificate proving the right of EU citizen to temporal stay in Lithuania.
How long will the document be valid for?
The certificate is valid for 5 years or for the planned EU citizen’s period of residence in the Lithuania, where this period is shorter than five years.
Where can I apply for a Certificate proving the right of EU citizen to temporal stay in Lithuania?
Documents must be submitted to a branch of the Migration department in whose service the EU citizen has declared or intends to declare a place of residence.
You have to submit your application and documents for the issue of the certificate in person through the Lithuanian Migration Information System (hereinafter MIGRIS). Within 4 months from the date of submission of the application and the documents within the MIGRIS, you must personally come to the chosen branch of the Migration Department and submit the original documents, biometric data and sign the application.
How much will it cost to apply for the certificate of EU national?
Prior to lodging the application, the state fee in the amount of 8,60 EUR for the issuance or replacement of the certificate must be paid.
What documents do I need to submit?
- an application of the specified form (submitted electronically through the Lithuanian Migration Information System MIGRIS);
- a valid passport of an EU citizen or an identity card;
- the documents confirming the ground for the issuance of the certificate:
- a document confirming that you have been admitted to a higher education institution; or
- a document confirming that you have been enrolled as a student at an educational establishment; or
- a letter of mediation of the host (inviting) legal person of the Republic of Lithuania confirming your internship in the Republic of Lithuania, and where you are sent to the Republic of Lithuania by an enterprise, agency or organisation – a letter of this enterprise, agency or organisation confirming your internship in the Republic of Lithuania; or
- a document confirming that you have been invited to participate in in-service training or vocational training courses;
- a document confirming that you are in possession of adequate means of subsistence for yourself and for your family members or another person, where the family members arrive together with you or join you, for residence in the Republic of Lithuania;
- a valid document confirming possession of medical insurance.
How long will it take to process my application?
An EU citizen’s application must be considered and a decision on it must be adopted not later than within one month from the date of submission of the application.
Read more (choose the section "I am admitted to study at an educational institution according to the programme (programmes) of general education or vocational training, to study at a science and study institution according to the study programme (programmes) or to a doctoral programme, invited to a traineeship, to improve qualifications")
Source: Migration department